There are many types of portable media that you can use for Trillian Anywhere.
They vary in size and other characteristics.
Here are some examples of portable media and some links.
There may be other types of media that you can use.
As long as it is large enough to hold Trillian and you can take it with you, it will work!
Flash-based | Standard
Flash Based portable media
Flash based media is possibly the best choice for taking Trillian (or any other data) on the go.
Size can range from 8MB to 128MB, plenty for your copy of Trillian.
Flash-based portable media is small and portable; you can carry it in your pocket or on your keychain, so it is always with you.
I use M-Systems DiskonKey which is great for carrying important data and Trillian with me to any computer.
There are other similar devices.
These are USB devices that you can simply plug in to a compatible computer and use as an extra drive.
- Extremely portable.
- Can be used on nearly any computer. No need for special disk drives.
- Sufficient capacity for Trillian and your important data
- More expensive than other media such as CDs.
- May require drivers to be installed on Windows 98 or older operating systems.
Keychain USB Drives at computers.com
If flash-based portable media is not option, then you can try other types of portable media such as CD's or Zip Disks.
If you use compression, you may be able to fit Trillian on a floppy disk, but you will not be able to run Trillian from it.
- Plenty of capacity
- Can use it anywhere
- Cannot modify settings such as contact list
- Will not be able to use everywhere, requires zip drive
- Not inexpensive